Power Systems & Controls (PS&C) is committed to protecting all personal information that you provide. This Privacy Statement has been created to inform you of PS&C’s privacy policies & practices and to explain how your information is collected and used.
Information Collection and Use
This Privacy Statement covers collection of personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is any information associated with your name or personal identity. Non-personal information is data about usage patterns, reported in aggregate, which is not associated with any specific personal identity.
PS&C uses collected information to better understand the needs and interests of our visitors in order to improve our service. Personal information will only be used to support customer relationships with the company.
In general, you can visit the Power Systems & Controls® web site without providing any personal information. If you place an order or request information on the site; however, you will be asked to provide personal information, including: name, address, phone, and email address. If on the off chance that we request credit card information, this information is used only for payment and order processing, including the prevention of fraud, no other purpose.
Non-personal information collected may include the pages visited on http://www.pscpower.com/, browser type, browser language, operating system, and IP address. Non-personal data is then compiled and averaged for the sole purpose of PS&C management to understand our web site usability and performance.
PS&C will use your IP address to help gather demographic information, such as country of origin.
Disclosure of User Information
PS&C will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties. PS&C will not share your personal information with business partners or any other third-party company, except as described below:
- Agents: PS&C employs other companies and people to perform tasks on its behalf and may need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include providing customer service, processing credit card payments, fulfilling orders, and providing marketing assistance. Unless advised otherwise, these agents do not have any right to use your information shared with them beyond what is necessary to assist the PS&C. You hereby consent to our sharing of your information for the above purposes.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, PS&C may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if PS&C or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that PS&C goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of PS&C may continue to use your information as set forth in this policy.
- Promotional Offers: Power Systems & Controls Corporation may send promotional offers to you. However, you will be provided the opportunity to opt not to receive such promotional offers.
- Protection of Power Systems & Controls: PS&C may release your information when it believes in good faith that release is necessary to comply with law; enforce or apply its conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of PS&C, its employees, its users, or others. This release includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction (as described above) and to comply with export laws.
- With your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Data Integrity and Security
PS&C strives to maintain the reliability, accuracy, and completeness of personal information in its databases and to protect the privacy and security of its databases. Subsequently, PS&C maintains servers and databases which are protected by reliable security technology.
Your Choices Relating to Your Personal Information
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose personal information to PS&C, even though it may be needed to make a purchase. You may request an update or deletion of your PS&C account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that some information may remain in backup systems of PS&C’s records after deletion of your account, although our IT experts will do their best to ensure all such is removed. However, PS&C may retain certain parts of your information if it believes, in good faith, that retaining such information is necessary to comply with law; enforce or apply its conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of PS&C, its employees, its users, or others.
Your Consent and Our Revisions to the Privacy Statement
PS&C occasionally reviews and modifies this Privacy Statement. Therefore, PS&C recommends that you review the terms from time to time to ensure that you are aware of how it collects and uses personal information. By using the PS&C web site, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as outlined here.
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com. For other general questions, please go to our Contact page at http://www.pscpower.com/contact-us/